The University of Nyala is a public institution established on March 6th 1994 to achieve the following objectives:
- Emphasize and consolidate Nation’s identity through curricula it approves and applies,
- Conduct community needs based applied research,
- Innovate and apply technology to promote the Sudanese community in collaboration with other universities and higher education institutions
- Promote the environment in Sudan and South Darfur State in Particular and train competent qualified human resources to promote it.
- Interact with the rural population so as to understand the problems and recognize the traditional knowledge, work together in order to develop this knowledge in compliance with their needs and values.
- Pay importance to medical, earth and natural science in the .
Prof: Mohammad Ali Haj Alouba